The aim of the Fair Odds Recording methodologies at Winning Edge Investments is for every member to beat the cost recorded in official outcomes, or at the very least fit them.
Below is a summary of the top 20 ways to get the best possible chances, and exceed official outcomes:
1) Utilize Dynamic Odds (or alternative odds comparison sites )
Among the major variables – if not the significant factor – in betting profitably is always striving to get the best deal possible.
Once all of the work is done and you are onto a fantastic thing, there’s no bigger’own goal’ than carrying an inferior price. It requires the identical amount of time and attempt to set the wager, yet you get paid (sometimes considerably ) less.
When you’re following any of our solutions, it is important that you aim to get the best prices possible. There is no point going to the 1 bookie and only taking their price when others are paying better.
Take yourself back to the old-school gambling ring in the track…you wouldn’t get it done! You would always search for the best price and zero on that bookie.
Luckily, odds comparison websites permit you to replicate that when betting on the internet. Rather than having to make your way across all the various bookies’ websites or programs, odds comparison sites allow you to just select your race or sporting event and watch numerous bookies’ costs side-by-side.
There is a couple of odds comparison choices out there. In our opinion, the best one available is Dynamic Odds. Click the hyperlink and we’ve organized a distinctive 4-week free trial for you. It’s an easy-to-use and easily comprehensible product. You can pick which bookies to display on screen, there is a mountain of alternatives and programs, and on top of that, you can sign into each of your bookie account through the program and simply wager from Dynamic Odds with the click of a button. Click that price you want, enter your stake, and you are on. It is fast and dead-simple to use and guarantees that you always get the very best price of all of the bookies.
If you are not using Dynamic Odds you’re costing a fortune in additional profits. It disturbs us that there continue to be members reporting they are still not utilising this instrument. Even a small punter working full-time will improve their profits considerably with Dynamic Odds. You may assess and compare prices with all your personal bookies quickly on your own laptop or cellular phone, and even put bets through your mobile with your entire bookies employing the dynamic odds mobile version. This is much quicker and more powerful than betting through each bookie app or website individually. Do not forget our link provides you with a 4-week free trial, so in the event that you haven’t attempted it yet, get onto it now. The premium version only costs $35 a month. For the excess money you will earn by being able to easily take much better costs, that is a complete bargain. Trust us, it’s worth every cent.
2) Have lots of bookmaker accounts
The basic rule with bookmakers is simply to gain access to as many as possible, as it gives you a better chance of always having the ability to bet the very best cost. Take your betting bank and disperse it around as many bookmaker accounts as you can. It is much better to have your own bankroll equally split across 10bookmaker accounts than all sitting in one.
There is a lot of alternatives out there in regards to bookies. Our suggestions, in order of importance/benefit are as follows:
Betfair, Bet365, Vicbet, TopSport, Sportsbet, Sportsbetting, NSW Tab, VIC Tab, Ubet, BlueBet,Ladbrokes, Neds, BetEasy, TopBetta, David Dwyer, Betstar, Bookmaker, Tabtouch, Best Bookies, Unibet, Palmerbet & Classicbet.
3) Bookies using a buffer
If you haven’t got an account with Bet365, be certain you get one instantly. Bet365 routinely offer you the best early deals on racing, and moreover provide an SP warranty. Bet365 pay out best of fixed price or SP, whichever is greater. It can be worth sometimes taking a lower fixed price to guarantee the potential benefit of’ramble protection’. Whilst that is often a good alternative, best tote or Betfair SP will normally outperform SP on any drifter. Taking early costs with Bet365 will give you the chance to transcend official results, together with the SP buffer accessible when the horse does drift. Bet365 are well known for banning winning punters, but with NSW and Vic currently having minimum bet laws set up, Bet365 is back in the film for everyone. Use them where their price is above or near your 3rd best fixed cost in the e-mail as there’s an SP buffer (as long as you aren’t restricted from this merchandise ).
Betfair routinely supply the best possibilities offered on the market for horse racing, particularly during the last 15 minutes of gambling.
Usually Betfair gets one of the best odds on horses drifting in the market, and on horses in large (double figure) costs. It is a must have.
We can write an essay on the prices on Betfair on a few of our winners, but a couple of illustrations from Dean’s Tips are below. As you can see, at all spectrums of this marketplace you can get Fantastic prices on Betfair even only at Betfair SP:
??? Emmadee: Official $101, $260 Betfair SP (got out to $560 on Betfair in betting)
??? Balrov: Official $23, $60 Betfair SP (got out to $120 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Time And Truth: Official $23, $80 Betfair SP (got out to $140 on Betfair in gambling )
??? Fish Bones Fry: Official $34, $60 Betfair SP (got out to $90 on Betfair in betting)
??? Shazee Lee: Official $56, $100 Betfair SP (got out to $110 on Betfair in betting)
BOB stands for Best of the Best. This is a great product that provides you with the best of 3 totes or Top Fluctuation (notice Top Fluctuation is calculated from 25 minutes before race start time – maybe not from the opening price).
Vicbet offer BOB for all races around Australia, seven days per week. TopSport provide it for Saturday Metro meetings, as do Ladbrokes/Bookmaker/Betstar. David Dwyer provides it for all Sydney metro meetings including midweek. BOB is generally better for horses single figure chances, and BFSP (Betfair SP) better for horses at double figure odds.
6) Added late gambling stake on big drifters
1 chance to consider is raising your stake on a stunning drifter.
The Kelly Criterion (widely considered the best formula to use to determine the best size of a bet), indicates it to increase long-term gains and create a larger edge, the more you should bet. So, for instance if you speed a horse a 3 chance and could get $7 in the current market, you should bet MORE than in case you can obtain $5 at the market.
This theorem is the reason why we advocate having another wager at our runners if the price drifts to about 50 percent or more above the recommended price.
Some reasons that horses ramble dramatically on Betfair comprise;
??? Wide gate ??? High weight
??? Poor run last start or poor recent form
??? Low-rated trainer or jockey
??? First-up and not favoured
??? A hot, heavily-backed favourite in the race
These motives have been assessed and considered by our expert professional analysts – drifters shouldn’t concern you in many instances.
Should you lock in an early cost after which the horse drifts significantly (close to 50% or more), then it is certainly worth backing again on Betfair to get your ordinary cost up, to exceed official outcomes. There have been lots of significant drifters which have won at odds much greater than official prices. It is just about taking extra advantage when one drifts.
7) Get on track It is becoming reported that high fluctuation prices available on track at the racecourses are well above those reported during the Official Prices (which require an absurd 6 bookmakers to have the cost for the fluctuation to be contained ). Heading to the monitor to bet might get you better prices than available on the web.
8) Other bookies not contemplated in opening fixed Rates Many bookies such as Unibet, Palmerbet, Betting.Club, Betstar, Bookmaker, Neds, Classicbet, Pointsbet & Madbookie are all not included when stating the 3rd best fixed cost. You may frequently get larger fixed odds using these bookies.
9) Bookies not on Dynamic Odds
A huge proportion of members bet using Dynamic Odds, and choose the best available prices from that selection of bookies. Because of this, there are several bookies whose prices aren’t revealed on Dynamic Odds. They’re also not considered in official results or gambling information.
However, many members do bet with these bookies, and frequently find they get higher costs than main bookies. Another bonus is that as these bookies are lesser known & not on Dynamic Odds, their rates are often available a lot more. If you happen to miss a historical price, it might be worth looking at these bookies to see if the price might have held, as they often do hold much longer than the bookies on Dynamic Odds.
Alternatives include: Betting.Club, Palmerbet, Madbookie & Pointsbet.
10) Horses drifting to greater deals than quoted before awake sent
This really happens fairly frequently. From the time the alert is sent, often a horse has drifted outside to prices greater than stated, but nevertheless that said price is listed. For example, there was one occasion where a horse had been advised at $3.20 if the e-mail had been sent, but was $4.40 about a minute later.The $3.20 price was recorded for that winner.
11) Bookies providing better deals than quoted after alert sent
There are in reality occasions where stakes are sent, but there is still 1 or two bookies who haven’t put up costs yet. Even though early prices have been crunched, frequently these bookies will post their analyst’s initial rates. There was an occasion where we supported a horse out of $21 to $11, and then 1 or 2 two bookies opened 15 minutes after at $21. Those prices frequently sit there for some time since most members have placed their bets.
12) Tracking and betting late when market percentages are lower and much more in your favour As soon as we suggest carrying a price with Greatest Tote/SP, Best Fluc, Betfair SP or BOB, which suggests we believe the horse will probably drift from its current fixed price in gambling.
Bets for many horse racing services are sent normally between 9am and 11am, however, the marketplace percentages are bigger at nowadays. Whilst we frequently acquire outstanding prices on horses that were mispriced and company, on many occasions natural betting movements mean the prices drift out towards start time since the bookies start to compete along with the marketplace proportions decrease.
This means frequently a horse drifts back out, but then gets backed again very late by big players. So, even though the starting price may be near or lower compared to early cost, the horse continues to be considerably larger odds during gambling.
Below are three examples that spring to mind, but these Kinds of market moves are trivial:
??? Delagos: totaled $11, drifted out to $31 with corporatebookies and $30 Betfair only before the start, but only paid $15 SP
??? Maccy Fields: totaled $8.50, drifted out to $14 Betfair, reunite into $8.50 SP
??? Zerprise Journey: totaled $4.20, drifted out to $6.60 in betting on Betfair, then firmed back into $4.10 Greatest Tote/SP
13) Not gambling if a horse has become over bet Many times a horse receives’over bet’ and backed down to some silly, shortprice, especially at the shorter end of this market. You may opt to simply not bet when the value isn’t there, or so the horse is beneath the rated/minimum price counseled – that will save units in the very long term and avoids taking’unders’. You could even set a minimum price on Betfair SP so that you never take beneath the minimum price you set / we advise.
14) Laying back a runner on Betfair if the horse is now’overbet’
Some smart members put back runners that company dramatically. This enables them to efficiently have a’free wager’ on a runner, or also ensure a profit regardless of whether or not a horse wins or not. This grants some members the chance to substantially reduce variance and wager moderately risk free, particularly when backing runners expected to business dramatically when advised by the specialist. Greyhound Genius & John’s Analytics are just two solutions at which this can be very successful as all stakes are counseled to be backed at fixed odds once the email is routed, and the huge majority of bets firm on the marketplace.
15) Metro/City v Country/Provincial
Prices on runners for Metro/City races are substantially lessinfluenced when bets are released than Country/Provincial races at which they may be impacted. For Metro/City races (the significant raceday in each state generally on a Saturday and Wednesday), three good choices are either betting through Bet365 if you’ve got the SP guarantee, using a Best of the Best merchandise (highest of Greatest Tote and Top Fluc) provided by manydifferent bookies including Vicbet, or again Betfair is the friend on Metro races too with amazing rates and liquidity accessible throughout betting, even though just using the Betfair SP tool.
Note the standard tracks for Metro/City racing are:
??? NSW: Randwick, Rosehill, Warwick Farm and Canterbury
??? VIC: Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, Sandown Hillside and Sandown Lakeside
??? QLD: Eagle Farm and Doomben
??? SA: Morphettville and Morphettville Parks
??? WA: Ascot and Belmont
For Provincial & Country racing, choosing some of the better fixed prices available in the time bets are sent is a fantastic strategy, however if you can monitor prices even just on a few days such as weekends, you’ll find via a combination of corporate bookies, Betfair and bags that you will receive excellent prices well above those listed.
16) Consider the unit bets The advised unit stakes are an excellent guide on if to wager late or early on selections. Based on your experience using a service, or evaluation of the prior benefits, you can determine the standard amount. For many services that the’standard’ level the expert intends to accumulate on a win wager isaround 5 components. If that’s true and the ceremony backs a horse to get 1 unit to acquire, and the horse is odds of 5, that is about regular as a good bet. If the horse is odds of 10, then we stand to collect 10u when the horse wins, then that’s a high confidence bet. This horse will often firm in betting. If the horse is chances of $2 we stand to collect 2u, so this is low confidence, or maybe only a’saver’ wager. This horse will often float in betting. So using the sum to be accumulated, with 5u (or the typical amass ) as the’barometer’, can be quite a reasonable indication of whether a horse will company or drift, especially at the extreme ends of this spectrum. This can help you decide whether to back the horse ancient in a predetermined price, or choose a late gambling option such as BFSP/BOB/BTSPif unable to track. An example was a horse named Flash Boy at Bendigo. Advised 0.5w but available market price was only $5. Given that is only a 2.5u win accumulate, locking in an early fixed price wasn’t the way to go. Those who backed it with Bet365 got $9 SP, BTSP paid $10.90, BFSP $13, and final matched Betfair cost was $14.50. 1 question that is asked is when should a bet not be put if the value has gone? Generally, advised bets should be placed, but the best way to describe is with extreme cases. Firstly, let’s say weadvise 1u to win on a horse at $31 for a 31u amass. In the event you back it should you miss early prices and it companies to $10? The solution is yes, since the 1u investment nevertheless stands to collect 10u and that’s still a significant collect and a big profit. The important firming suggests how wrong the initial market price has been, however, how much you stand to accumulate suggests the horse is still a value bet. If I counsel 0.1u on a horse at $31, and it firms to $10 before you’ve bet, well then you simply stand to collect 1u in case it wins backing it $10, well below what you would normally expect to collect to a winner with all the service, which means you might give this horse a overlook long term there’s little worth to be had taking unders on these runners. A better example is when an agency advises 1u to win in a horse at $5, and it firms to $ two until you have put you bet. Again the initial collect was 5u, but today with a 1u investment on a 2u accumulate, this no longer would be a worthwhile investment. It is an art, not a science, and ultimately your choice, but the above will help guide you towards when to wager late or early (or not at all in rarer instances).
17) One tip in a race v multiple championships in a race
If there’s 1 wager in a race, there’s more likelihood of that runner firming (particularly if the expected win bet collect is anything over 4u). Whenever there are 2 bets in a race, it is often the case that you companies and you drifts. However whenever there are multiple bets in a race (3 or more), it is quite rare they will all firm. Usually maybe 1 firms and the rest drift, or they will float. The only exception is when we sharply back 3 runners at big odds to beat a short priced favourite. If the short favourite drifts, the others could firm, but it might go another way. Again, the aggressiveness of this staking will steer you on whether to bet late or early. However the more horses supported, the further that locking in fixed early prices without an SP buffer ought to be prevented unless the amass is well above 5u. Whenever there are multiple runners in a race it is frequently a good chance to monitor or use BOB/BFSP/BTSP.
18) Don’t worry about constantly getting the best possible price every time
It is not possible, or required. All our solutions are highly lucrative, with results readily attained by following the advice contained here. Constant improvement on your betting practices will imply constant progress in your long-term outcomes, and that is the trick to long term success with your betting. Take a couple of minutes outside daily (or just once every now & then) to review the flucs & closing prices available of runners we back using lively odds & you’ll soon open your eyes to the potential opportunities.
19) Change your mindset: Don’t suffer with FOMO (Stress Of Missing Out)
As a rule of thumb, many punters suffer with FOMO. They take a fixed cost on most events. The market has shifted radically and market percentages in ancient markets have continued to change upwards to often 130%-135%, and this is quite significant. Taking early fixed prices can be debatable also if you can find scratchings, where significant deductions can be implemented, further decreasing your final dividend. A mindset change for many is vital. Realising that the Betfair market near race start time gets down to about 102%, and also waiting and trying to monitor costs and wager late will result in better overall consequences for those willing to take the time.
20) Don’t be idle, and stop making excuses
Whilst we know many members have jobs, the truth is that a large proportion of bets are shipped on weekends, or outside normal working hours. For many members, there’ll be periods where they aren’t working, and it’s at those times where members must look to greatly exceed official results by tracking and placing bets late rather than blindly betting using Fixed or Greatest Tote/BOB/BFSP type options. Like many things in life, the more effort you put in, the better the result will be. Also like most items, the longer you practice something, the better you become. In this day & age with smartphones, bookmaker programs & Dynamic Odds, etc, comparing prices and placing bets at the best odds hasn’t been simpler & accessible. Invest intelligently, do not be lazy, place a little effort in, and do not miss out on the larger profits you could easily be achieving.
The aim of the Fair Odds Recording methodologies at Winning Edge Investments is for every member to beat the cost recorded in official outcomes, or at the very least fit them.